Sun protection is essential not only for skin problem but also for skin cancer
Although treatment can reduce signs of aging on your skin, you’ll also need to start protecting your skin from the sun. If you use tanning beds you’ll have to stop.
Without protection from harmful UV rays, you may:
1.Develop side effects from treatment
2.Fail to get the results you seek
3.Continue to damage your skin
Sun protection can also help prevent, slow down, and even reverse signs of sun damage. To be effective, you must use sun protection everyday day——even when it’s overcast or cold outside.
Sun damage is the main factor of skin cancer. Follow these tips to protect your skin from the sun’s damaging ultraviolet rays and reduce your risk of skin cancer:
- Seek shade when appropriate, remembering that the sun’s rays are strongest between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. If your shadow is shorter than you are, seek shade.
- Wear sun-protective clothing, such as a lightweight and long-sleeved shirt, pants, a wide-brimmed hat, and sunglasses with UV protection, when possible. For more effective sun protection, select clothing with an ultraviolet protection factor (UPF) label.
- When outdoors, reapply sunscreen every two hours, or after swimming or sweating.
- Use extra caution near water, snow, and sand, as they reflect the damaging rays of the sun, which can increase your chance of sunburn.
- Avoid tanning beds. Ultraviolet light from tanning beds can cause skin cancer and premature skin aging.
- Consider using a self-tanning product if you want to look tan, but continue to use a sunscreen with it.
- Perform regular skin self-exams to detect skin cancer early, when it’s most treatable.
Sample Block Quote
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo loremous convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos.
Sample Paragraph Text
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo eu convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos dui.
Cras suscipit quam et turpis eleifend vitae malesuada magna congue. Damus id ullamcorper neque. Sed vitae mi a mi pretium aliquet ac sed elitos. Pellentesque nulla eros accumsan quis justo at tincidunt lobortis denimes loremous. Suspendisse vestibulum lectus in lectus volutpat, ut dapibus purus pulvinar. Vestibulum sit amet auctor ipsum.